2 External monitors, both work but not simultaneously

Hi

Please help my aching head. :-/

I have two display adaptors and two identical, new iiyama monitors I want to use off an Acer Aspire 5735, Vista laptop. I know all the hardware is ok, it all works b…u…t not simultaneously ! Either or is ok, just not as I want.

My hunch is that each adaptor is looking for a separate driver but the software installation doesn’t seem to want to install the driver twice, saying it’s already installed and up to date. I’ve uninstalled the core software and still get nowhere.

I’ve tried switching off the laptop screen. Still, I can’t get the two iiyamas to show in the device listing as USB Displaylink. Always one defaults to Mobile Intel ® 4 series Express Chipset Family. Is there a work around?

David

Hi David

Thanks for getting in contact with us. I’d be more than happy to help you with your Plugable display product. In order to better assist you, I’ll need a bit of additional information.

We have a log gathering tool that helps us gather this information, could you please run our Plugdebug tool and send the resulting file to support@plugable.com.

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Once we have those logs, we’ll be able to determine what the source of the issue may be.

Regards,

Stephen
Plugable Technologies