2/3 monitors randomly shut off on USB-C Triple Display 4K Docking Station connected to MacBook Pro

I have the Plugable USB-C Triple Display 4K Docking Station connected to a MacBook Pro I use for work. It works for the most part, but almost every day two of the three external monitors randomly stop receiving a signal from the docking station. When this happens, the only way I can get them all to connect again is to un-plug and then reconnect the USB-C cable from the MacBook. Then all the monitors come back on again, but I have to move my windows back to the screens they are supposed to be on. It is very annoying.

Does anyone know what causes this or have any suggestions for resolving it? Other than this one issue, I have been very happy with the docking station so far.

Hello Brenden,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. If able, please plug the dock with your devices attached to it into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:
http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Ideally I’d like to have you run the diagnostics while the monitors are in a bad state, but if that’s tricky to do go ahead and just run the diagnostics while things are working. When emailing us the diagnostics results please mention “Ticket 375409” in the subject line, don’t attach the results here!

I can then take a look and see if there’s anything that stands out from a software perspective and can hopefully offer some recommendations.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.