''13 Mac Air M1 w/ UD-CA1A and LG ''34WK650 external monitor

Pluggable not passing through LG monitor to Mac; therefore, DisplayLink reflects no monitor connected. How to resolve?

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

The UD-CA1A docking station does not rely on DisplayLink graphics technology and does not require or utilize the DisplayLink Manager App. Instead this docking station relies on USB-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode, a direct connection from the Apple M1 Graphics controller to the USB-C port, passed to the HDMI port on the docking station.

When you have a moment please let me know the following:

1. Is the docking station connected to the MacBook Air M1 using the USB-C cable provided with the docking station? While the white USB-C cable provided with the MacBook can physically connect from the docking station to the laptop this will not pass video data and will be limited to USB 2.0 speeds.
  2. Is the LG display connected to the docking station with a HDMI to HDMI cable? If this is connected with a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter or cable it will most likely not work and I recommend using the original HDMI cable provided with the LG display.
  3. Does the MacBook Air have another display connected directly to the laptop? The new Apple M1 Graphics Controller can only support a single external display on the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro systems. Please unplug any other displays from the computer when setting up the docking station.

Thank you, I look forward to your reply.

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Pat,

Thanks for the reply.

To answer your questions, I offer the following:

1. Yes, I am using the usbc cable supplied with the docking station.

2. Yes, the LG monitor is connected to the dock using a HDMI to HDMI cable, which came with the LG monitor.

3. No, there is only the one LG display connected to the Mac, through the dock.

Thanks again and I look forward to your reply.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for for the additional details, our next step is to get some additional information from your system.

If you would, please keep the dock connected to the computer with monitor(s) connected tot he docking station (even though one may not be working) and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #331545 - Attention Pat’ as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello Patrick,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com