100% CPU primarily from Windows Driver Foundation when my laptop is plugged in to my Plugable UD-3900 USB 3.0.

I am experiencing constant high cpu usage as soon as I plug my UD-3900 in to my laptop USB slot. It is a USB 3.0. I found a support case from a few months ago where one of your other users was experiencing the same issue. I went through the steps that the Plugable employee listed but unfortunately I still have the issue. Is this a windows issue or a Plugable issue? My laptop runs completely normal when not plugged in to the UD-3900.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting, and I would be happy to help with your docking station!

Based on your description, one thing to double-check is if any anti-virus, anti-malware or network security software is affecting the behavior. If you are running any such utilities, please disable them temporarily to see if that helps.

If that doesn’t help (or is not applicable), our next step will be to get some additional information. Please keep everything connected and send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to us directly at support@plugable.com with ‘For Ticket #201009’ in the subject line (don’t post the file in the forum). This will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thank you!

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support