1 screen displays stretched - was working fine few days ago

Setup:

• Laptop is connected to Plugable docking station.
  • 2 Samsung monitors are connected to the docking station.
  • 1 of the monitor displays screen stretched suddenly.

Background:

• There was no issues few days ago, not sure what triggered this.
  • Screen resolution is set to 100% as usual on both monitors.
  • I have 2 laptops and issue is present for both.

Appreciate you support in resolving this.

Hi Kaushal,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry things are not working as expected while using your UD-3900 docking station and I would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for the detail you have provided that is much appreciated.

Based on your description, our next step is to get some additional information.

1. Can you please let me know the specific model numbers of each of the two Samsung displays you are using?

2. If two different models are in use, can you let me know which specific model is currently affected by the problem?

3. Can you let me know what type of video cable is being used to connect the affected display to the dock? For example VGA, DVI or HDMI.

4. Can you please provide a photo (for example taken with a mobile phone) that clearly shows the problem behavior and include that in your next reply? This will allow me to ‘see’ the ‘stretched’ behavior you are describing. ** Important note, a screenshot of the behavior taken from within Windows will not work. It must be a photo taken with an external device like a mobile phone. **

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

1. Can you please let me know the specific model numbers of each of the two Samsung displays you are using? >>> Both are “Samsung 27” Class Curved FHD Monitor; Model# LC27F391FHNXZA"
  2. If two different models are in use, can you let me know which specific model is currently affected by the problem? >>> Both are same models. One on the left side from the picture shows issues when connected to any laptops.
  3. Can you let me know what type of video cable is being used to connect the affected display to the dock? For example VGA, DVI or HDMI. >>> Left one is connected with DVI to VGA adapter that came with the dock station and VGA to VGA cable from adapter to the monitor. Right one with HDMI to HDMI.
  4. Can you please provide a photo (for example taken with a mobile phone) that clearly shows the problem behavior and include that in your next reply? >>> Attached. Red box is to highlight the evident issue of stretching.

Hi Kaushal,

Thank you for getting back to us with the additional information, and I appreciate the excellent detail you provided and the annotations shown in your photo.

Based on that information, I believe you may just need to use the ‘Auto-adjustment’ option within the Samsung display on the left-hand side of your desk to resolve the problem.

To expand further, when a display is connected using a VGA video cable there are some cases where the display has to be adjusted so that the image fits properly within the display.

Most displays have an ‘Auto-adjustment’ feature built-in to the display that can (as the name implies) automatically adjust the image.

The manual for your display → http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201906/20190618104444943/BN46-00552H-Eng_for_India.pdf shows how to access this option on page 10:

If you use the auto-adjustment option within the affected display as shown in the manual, does that help resolve the problem?

If you are unfamiliar with this process or need to make further manual adjustments, I made a short video that demonstrates this process in action here → https://youtu.be/KYyZgocwvms

The display shown in my video is a Dell U2412M display, but the concepts demonstrated are the same.

Thank you,

Bob

You are genius my friend!:smiley:

This was it! updating the settings manually resolved it! Thank you sooo much for your help and support :smiley:

Hi Kaushal,

Thank you for getting back to us with the update, and you are of course most welcome for the help.

I am glad to hear that the information I provided helped resolve the problem, and I thank you for the kind words they are much appreciated.

Please let us know if you need any help in the future, and please have a good day!

Bob

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.