1 screen displays stretched - was working fine 2 days ago

• Work Laptop is connected to Plugable docking station.
  • 2 HP V222vb FHD monitors are connected to the docking station.
  • 1 of the monitor displays screen stretched suddenly.

Background:

• There was no issues 2 days ago. Worked at my work office yesterday and when I plugged back in today, the screen was stretched
  • Screen resolution is set to 100% as usual on both monitors.
  • One monitor works fine and is connected directly from a HDMI out of the monitor into the HDMI port on the dock.
    *The monitor that is not working correctly is connected via HDMI out of the monitor into the HDMI to DVI connector into the dock

Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your docking station is not functioning as expected, and would be happy to provide additional support.

For my reference, does the same problem occur if the docking station is connected to a different USB port on your laptop, or to a different laptop (if available)?

To help diagnose the issue, may I ask you to please keep the device connected to your laptop and everything still attached (even if not working as expected) and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug? → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

Once you have the logs, simply send an email to support@plugable.com with the subject line of “Ticket 383317” so that we can prioritize that case and match it to this inquiry.

If you could provide your Amazon Order ID (or other proof of purchase) associated with your Plugable device, I would be happy to check on your warranty status as well.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi,

Yes, I had tried a different laptop and a different USB on the work laptop. Can I do the de-bug on any laptop? My work laptop is fairly locked down, so I don’t know if I’ll be able to use the PlugDeBug on it. Amazon ID is 111-1448909-3112260

I ended up unplugging everything out of the dock (including the HDMI/DVI Converter) and putting it all back and that seemed to work, could a loose connection on the converter cause the stretching display issue? I had unplugged everything (except the HDMI/DVI converter) before I reached out for help since that didn’t fix it.

Hi Matt,

No problem at all, and thank you for letting me know!

If the issue occurs again, please feel free to send log files from a different computer (assuming that the problem occurs on that computer as well).

Regarding a potentially loose connection, it is possible that this was causing intermittent signaling between the dock and monitor, but it is hard to determine exactly what the issue was at this point.

Hopefully everything continues to run smoothly, but if you have any other follow-up questions, please feel free to reach out at any time.

Thank you again for contacting Plugable support!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.