UD-3900 not connecting to any computer

I purchased a Plugable UD-3900 from Amazon to use with my M2 Macbook Air (Sonoma 14.2) for connecting additional screens & USB devices. The unit arrived yesterday. I installed the relevant drivers & plugged the unit into my laptop. The blue power light was on but the green USB light did not appear at any point & any USB device plugged into the unit did not receive power/was not connected to the laptop, such as a wired USB mouse or a USB memory stick. I tried the UD-3900 on a different Windows 10 computer with the relevant drivers, but had the same disappointing result. I ordered a replacement USB cable which arrived this morning but that made no difference. The unit itself appears to be faulty. Is there anyway to send it back/get a replacement unit or is there any other troubleshooting to try?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your UD-3900 docking station is not functioning as expected, and would be happy to provide additional support.

To help diagnose the issue, may I ask you to please keep the device connected to your laptop and everything still attached (even if not working as expected) and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug? → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

Once you have the logs, simply send an email to support@plugable.com with the subject line of “Ticket 429770” so that we can prioritize that case and match it to this inquiry.

If you could provide your Amazon Order ID (or other proof of purchase) associated with your Plugable device, I would be happy to check on your warranty status as well.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma

Plugable Technologies

www.plugable.com/support

Piggybacking on this since I am having a similar issue with the UD-3900H from Amazon with my M3 MacBook Pro (Sonoma 14.4.1). My blue light is on and I know it’s connected to my laptop because the audio jack works on the Plugable but my monitors are not connecting. I ran the debug and sent the zipped file to support@plugable.com with my Amazon order ID also! Hoping there is a simple fix to this. Thanks!