Dock does not recognize additional 2 HP screens using HP laptop

2 HP screens connected to the tower and a HP laptop but the dock doesn’t recognise the additional monitors. Using an old docking station UD3900 works perfectly fine and both screens are recognised.

Hi Karina,

Thanks for contacting us! I am sorry this is not working as expected.

Please double-check to ensure the docking station is connected directly to the computer using the original USB Type-C data cable provided with the docking station, for the UD-ULTC4K docking station this cable will have a white cable tag with “UD-ULTC4K” printed on one side. The cable should connect from the USB-C port on the rear of the docking station directly to a USB-C port on the host computer. There is a USB-C port on the front of the docking station, this port is for down-stream devices like USB flash drives, or for charging a phone or tablet, if the computer is connected to this port the displays and connected USB devices will not be available to the computer.

Our next step is to get some additional information from your system using our log-gathering tool: PlugDebug, when you have a moment:

1. Keep the docking station connected to the computer with the displays and devices connected to the docking station
  2. Download and run our PlugDebug utility ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug )
    2a) For Windows: Download the PlugDebug Utility, then Right-click on the PlugDebug application and run as administrator
    2b) For macOS: Click on the red button “Generate PlugDebug Report (Deprecated Pending Update)” to expand the section, select the PlugDebug utility from the Downloads pop-up on the Dock, or double-click if saved to the Desktop
    2c) Follow the on screen instructions to launch the application
  3. Click the “Start” button to begin gathering logs from the system
  4. When completed the application will pop-up a message with the name of the zip file containing the logs on the user desktop directory
  5. Please attach this zip file to your reply email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #428942 - Attention Pat’

This will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hi Pat,

Thank you for the advise, I can confirm the laptop is correctly connected to the docking station as described in your first paragraph.

I will have access to the HP laptop and docking station on Monday the 25th and will run the debug tool and report back to you.

Thank you again,
Karina

Hi Karina,

Thank you for the update, I look forward to your followup email with the system log file and we can proceed from there.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.