Can I connect two 4 port hdmi adapters to my MacBook Pro

I need to have 7 HDMI outputs on my Macbook for some Video Display software I’m running. Can I connect two adapters to my MacBook Pro giving me 8 HDMI outputs

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us at Plugable and welcome to our forums! I can certainly look into this multi-monitor setup and make a recommendation to which one of our products.

I would like to request some more information on your hardware setup so that I can make the best recommendation, could you let me know the following:

• Which model of Macbook do you have?

• Can you share the model name, resolutions, and refresh rate of your monitors?

• Generally could you share what sort of use-case or software you intend to use? As a word of precaution our USB Graphics Adapters are not meant for 3D rendering, media color editing, gaming, or viewing HDCP protected content

If you could get back to me with this information I can make a product suggestion.

Thanks,
Alberto
Plugable Product Support

I have an older MacBook Pro with the Intel chip. It’s for a program called Pro.Video Player 3. It’s used to display some simple graphics and videos on TV monitors we have hanging around our church. We are using the 4 HDMI output card already, but I have a few more TVs to connect which have different graphics.

Renewed Vision makes the software. It’s PVP3. It’s used to send separate video signals to a large number of monitors. The only obstacle is the limitation of Mac when it comes to external displays.

Hello,

Thanks for sharing that information. If it’s alright with you I would like to get some more specific information on your Intel Macbook Pro.

Can you navigate to: Apple Menu (top left of desktop) > About This Mac

In this menu please let me know the laptop size, model year, and the chip information?
About This Mac

Thanks,
Plugable Product Support

Any Update?

Hello,

I do have an update for you, so I see you have an Intel 2019 16in Macbook Pro and there is a way to get up to 7 displays with a mix of using some of these displays natively and with our USB graphics adapters. There are some limitations that I will further explain.

Using our USBC-768H4 you can add up to x4 monitors with a resolution of 1920x1080p at 60Hz refresh rate. This will occupy 1 of your Thunderbolt 3 ports. This adapter uses a software developed by “Silicon Motion” and the software has a limitation of only supporting up to 4 monitors on macOS. These adapters cannot be combined on Mac systems.

https://plugable.com/products/usbc-768h4

Your Macbook also can natively support up to four displays with 4096‑by‑2304 resolution at 60Hz, through its 4 Thunderbolt 3 ports. Given that the USBC-768H4 will occupy 1 of these ports, that would leave you with 3 Thunderbolt 3 ports to connect your other monitors.

If you need to free up some of your Thunderbolt 3 ports for charging or other devices I’d also suggest using one of our Thunderbolt 3 docks such as our TBT3-UDZ. Through a single Thunderbolt 3 port it can drive up to two 4096x2160 @ 60Hz displays (lower resolutions also supported), along with charging your Macbook Pro, adding more USB3.0 ports, and other ports as well.

https://plugable.com/products/tbt3-udz

If you have any questions on this setup please let me know.

Thanks,
Alberto
Plugable Product Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.