Works for All-in-One Desktops?

I am in the market for an all-in-one desktop but want to have a second monitor. Would I be able to use your product with an all-in-one, even on models that don’t have an HDMI output? Thanks in advance.

Hi louin,

Thanks for posting your question here! As long as the system meets the Hardware Requirements and Recommendations, there should not be any issues using our USB Graphics Adapters for connecting an external monitor.

If you let us know the make and model (or specs) of the system you are looking to buy, we will be glad to give you a more accurate answer on whether there is a possibility of any issues (compatibility or otherwise) occurring.

Regards,
Roze

Thank you for your quick response, Roze. Now that I know about these adapters, I’m not limited to the Sonys which have an HDMI input and output. I will contact you again if I have further questions.

Hi Roze, I’ve settled on the HP Omni 220xt series. OS is Windows 7 Home Premium but will upgrade to Wins 7 Professional; Intel i5 processor; 6GB RAM. This model comes with an integrated graphics card. Should I upgrade to a discrete 1GB card? Please confirm this system is compatible with your USB graphics adapters. Thanks!

Hi louin,

We don’t see any reason why our USB Graphics Adapters should not work with the HP Omni 220xt series. You do not have to upgrade to a discrete card. It should work without any issues with the integrated graphics card.

If you ever need any information or help regarding any of our products, feel free to post here or to shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze