Wonky colors even with UD-3900 DisplayLink 7.9 update

When I plug my HDMI cable directly into the dock, areas on windows that should be white display in pink. This problem has persisted since I purchased the dock and installed the original DisplayLink software.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry the colors aren’t correct when your monitor is connected to the dock, and I would be happy to help.

Typically the behavior you describe is caused by the video cable itself. If you swap in a new HDMI cable does the behavior change?

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

No. I swapped the existing cable for a higher-quality one, and areas that are supposed to be light gray in color are still in pink. When I took a screen capture and opened it in Photoshop, the areas were pink. Then, when I detached from the dock and reattached directly to the computer, the Photoshop image actually displayed in the correct colors!! (So I’m unable to attach a screen shot.)

I ran Plugdebug. Should I send the ZIP file to you?

Hi Karen,

Thanks for getting back with the update. Yes, please send the .ZIP file to support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket 138612’ in the subject line so we can match everything up and we’ll go from there.

Thank you for your patience,

Bob

Just sent it. Let me know if you find anything. Thanks.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for sending. Things are looking good on the software side from what we can see.

Just to confirm, can you please test with a wide variety of applications to see if the color issue is present across the board, or only in specific applications? (Trying to determine if the behavior is limited to only certain software like that from Adobe, or with any application from any vendor?)

Thanks!
Gary