Wireless mouse issue (cursor, at times, lags in responsiveness)

Curious if anyone else is experiencing cursor “jerkiness” with the Plugable USB 3.0 to HDMI / DVI Graphics Adapter? I’m running 2 of these adapters (and 2 22" monitors) using a Plubable USB 3.0 hub connected to a Samsung i5/8GB RAM laptop.

Hi David,

Thanks for posting your question here, we’d be glad to help! Are you observing the laggy cursor only on the external displays or the on the main monitor as well? If you see the issue on your main monitor as well, it’d be good to see if you get the same issue with a wired mouse instead of wireless. USB 3 ports can cause radio frequency interference to wireless devices, if the wireless mouse dongle is connected to a port in close proximity of a USB 3 port, the frequency interference caused by USB 3 can be enough to cause a problem. Intel published the below white paper that talks about this issue in detail:
http://www.usb.org/developers/whitepa…

Just let us know and we can troubleshoot further!

Thanks,
Ellen

Thank you Ellen!

I’ll read through the document and do some additional troubleshooting. I didnt have these issues when using only my laptop display - the issues materialized when I added the USB 3.0 video adapters and USB 3.0 hub so there is certainly a possibility that the USB 3.0 “noise” (probably from the hub as that is in somewhat close proximity to the USB 2.0 mouse antenna) could be to blame.

Stay-tuned…