Wireless mouse and keyboard sluggish (HP Elitebook + UD3900)

Hi!

I have connected my HP Elite book to the Plugable UD3900. I have a Logitech wave (wireless keyboard and mouse). It is connected to the UD 3900.

Both keyboard and mouse feel very sluggish. Mouse is even worse. It is jumpy or does not respond for 10 seconds before it jumps. Keyboard is little better. It works 75-80% of the time without any issue, but once in a while it runs into un-responsive mode for few seconds before coming back to normal.

I went through this forum to find answers, but could not find anything that helps resolve it yet. I also turned off my laptop monitor and only have ‘1’ monitor connected through HDMI cable to UD3900. Still the same issue.

Any suggestions?

Forgot to mention. The OS running on HP Elite book is Windows 8.1.

Devices connected to Plugable are :

1. Display through HDMI
  2. Dongle for Wireless Keyboard Mouse (Logitech Wave)
  3. Canon MP 530 Printer
  4. Plantronics wired headset

Hi Venu,

Thanks for posting (and thanks for the quick follow-up)! I’m sorry the wireless mouse and keyboard are sluggish when using the docking station. I’d be happy to help!

Based on your description (and assuming you already have checked the charge level or replaced the batteries in the devices), usually the type of behavior you’re describing is caused by interference between the wireless mouse/keyboard receiver dongle and the USB 3.0 connection to dock, as both devices operate in the 2.4GHz spectrum. In most cases, the issue can be resolved by using the wireless receiver for the Logitech Wave devices in one of the top-most USB 2.0 ports on the back of the dock.

We have also had a few reports of interference still being present with the dongle in the recommended position outlined above. In these cases, most of our customers have had positive results with using a USB extension cable to put some distance between the dock and the receiver, or potentially experimenting with repositioning things on their desk to try to minimize interference.

Hopefully in this case it’s just a matter of just moving the dongle. Please let us know if that does the trick!

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks for the response. I will try it out for few days and see if it improves my experience.

Really appreciate the quick response.

Hi Venu,

You are welcome. Just let us know the results when you have time.

Have a good day,

Bob

Thanks Bob. Looks like the resolution you provided did the magic. It is pretty stable and responsive now.

Really appreciate the customer support.

Hi Venu,

Thanks for getting back. I’m glad moving the adapter resolved the issue.

Let us know if you need any help in the future!

Thank you,

Bob