After applying the creators update, my ethernet connection no longer works through my plugable UD 3900. If I plug the ethernet cable directly into the computer, it works fine. Suggestions on what to fix?
Thanks for contacting us! I’m sorry the Ethernet connection in your dock stopped working as expected after the Creators Update and I would be happy to help.
Based on your description, our first step is to perform a ‘clean’ install of the latest version of the required DisplayLink driver to ensure it is in a good state and not contributing to the behavior. If you would, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.2 M2 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation. If the device is not detected, please click the ‘Skip’ button to allow the process to complete and then reboot the system.
Please let us know if that helps!
Following these steps resolved the issue. Thanks!
Thanks for getting back with the update, and you are of course very welcome for the help. I am glad things are working as expected now.
Please let us know if anything changes or if you need any help in the future, and please have a good day!