Windows 8 not detecting usb cable

When I plug in plugable easy transfer to my windows 8 pc the computer does not detect it. It does not appear on the device manager. My windows 7 pc is able to detect it and install the drivers. Please help.

My new computer is a Dell XPS using windows 8 64bit.

My old computer which detects the cable is a Dell using Windows 7 32 bit

My cable is USB 2.0 Windows Easy Transfer Cable

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you for contacting us about your Easy Transfer Cable. I’m sorry you are having troubles getting it to work on your Windows 8 machine.

Could you try reversing the cable end-for-end (plug the side that was in the Win 8 computer into the Win 7 computer) and see if the same troubles start happening on the Windows 7 machine? That would indicate a bad cable, and we will send you a tested replacement right away.

If that doesn’t happen, there may be a driver issue in the Windows 8 machine. We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Could you plug the original side of the cable back into the Win 8 computer, then go to this page and following the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Be sure to send the resulting file directly to us at support@plugable.com and put the ticket #63903 in the subject line.

Thank you,
David

Hi Ramesh,

I’m checking back to see if you were able to get that cable working. If not, please let me know!

David
Plugable Support