Attempting to set up Plugable USB 3.o to HP laptop. Windows 8 no sound from Plugable earphone dock but music does play from earphone dock on laptop. Searched questions and went to sound manager and no USB multimedia listed in the list. Please offer suggestion. Thank you.
Thanks for posting. I’d be happy to help!
It sounds like you are using one of our USB docking stations. When everything is working properly you should see a Plugable Audio device in the Windows 8 Sound application. If that is not present, the first step is to make sure that the DisplayLink driver required by the dock (which includes the audio component) is working properly. We’ll do this by performing a clean install of the driver. Please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> http://displaylink.com/support/sla.ph…
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 7.8 M0 DisplayLink software, found here --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system when prompted by the installer which will trigger the final portion of the installation
Once complete you should see the Plugable Audio device in the Sound application, and you will want to make sure it is set to the Default Playback device. I made a short video that shows how to do this here --> https://youtu.be/6iUQxuN2AXw
Let us know if that helps when you have a moment, and we’ll go from there.