I recently upgraded from windows 7 to 10, and lost my display on plugable usb 3.0. I am connected to external hard drives connect to docking station.
Thanks for posting! Sorry to hear you have lost your displays after upgrading to Windows 10, and I’ll be happy to help!
We will want to reinstall the DisplayLink drivers as well as run the DisplayLink cleaner tool to make sure your system is in a good state as the DisplayLink driver has a chance to stop working after upgrading to a newer operating system. To do this, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… (video walk-through -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Run Windows Update (Start > Settings > Update & security). Reboot if/when prompted. Repeat this process until there are no new updates found. This is important as Microsoft has been releasing frequent updates to Windows 10.
- Now download and install the 7.9 M5 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system when prompted by the installer which will trigger the final portion of the installation
If that helps, great! If not, we’ll want to examine some log files to see if they can tell us what is happening. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug --> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with everything connected. When the utility completes it will notify you a file has been created and provide our direct email support address to send the file (email@example.com). Please send the file to that address with ‘Ticket 137124’ in the subject line so we can match everything up.