Win10 laptop- losing screen visibility after closing lid

If I shut the lid of my laptop or put it in sleep mode, when it wakes up, the screen goes black on both the laptop and the external monitor connected through the Plugable hub. Even when I disconnect the hub, the laptop won’t “wake up”.

I use the Plugable 7 port hub to connect my month old Win10 ASUS Zenbook to an external hard drive, mouse/keyboard, and an external monitor (using the Plugable VGA adapter).

I bought these items for quick plug 'n play functionality, so I can switch on a dime. But I’ve had to do several hard reboots on the Zenbook, even after disconnecting.

Hello,

Sorry to hear about this issue.

A couple of questions:

1. What model Zenbook do you have?
  2. When the screens are black, is there a mouse pointer?
  3. If you let the machine sit for 5-10 min after waking, do the screens eventually wake up?

Also I’d like to collect some diagnostic data. I’ll email you directly for that.

Thanks,
Josh

1. ASUS Zenbook UX305FA-USM1 Signature Edition Laptop
  2. no pointer
  3. no

thanks!!

I have a similar problem with the Plugable UD-3900 USB 3.0 and my Asus zenbook ux305la with windows 10. When laptop goes into sleep mode, both screens go blank and I cannot wake it up even if I disconnect it from the docking station. Only way to revive things is to reboot the laptop. Any ideas?