Will your usb 3 dock be better for me.

I am looking for a dock. My laptop has one usb 3 port but all the devices that I want to connect are usb 2. My question is if going with your usb 3 product will offer any performance advantages over the lower cost usb 2 version since none ov my drives can take advantage of the extra speed?

Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting your question here! None of your USB 2.0 devices will be able to take advantage of the USB 3.0 speeds but the display on the monitor connected through the graphics port on the Plugable UD-3000 and the Ethernet port will be using the USB 3.0 bandwidth when the dock is connected through a USB 3.0 port on the system.

The display performance would be better than USB 2.0 Graphics and the Ethernet will have Gigabit connectivity (10/100/1000) as opposed to the Fast Ethernet (10/100) connectivity on the Plugable UD-160-A.

Hope the above information helps! If you need any additional information, please do feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze