Which docking station for my Lenovo Flex 5 USB-C

The manual says USB-C on my Lenovo Flex 5 is “Data Only”. I am looking for a docking station to support 2 external LCD

Thanks

Jay

Hi Jay,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I would be happy to help!

The Lenovo Flex 5 only supports data only via the USB-C port, which indicates that our USB-C based docking stations with DisplayPort Alt-Mode and Power delivery will not be compatible with your system.

However, if you utilize a USB-C to USB 3.0 A adapter, much like this one -> https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Rankie…

Then, you can utilize our UD-3900 Multi Display Docking Station which supports 2 displays, 1 via HDMI and 1 via DVI. It also has 2 front USB 3.0 ports, 4 rear USB 2.0 ports, an Ethernet port, and both Audio input/output ports.

I hope this information helps, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, and I would be happy to assist!

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Marc, Considering my Flex5 has a USB 3.0 port, do I still need to get the USB-C to USB 3.0 adapter? I realize the USB-C is twice as fast but does the UD-3900 take advantage of it ?

Thanks

Jay

Hi Jay,

When utilizing the UD-3900, you will only need to use the available USB 3.0 port on the system, and not the USB-C port with an adapter. The UD-3900 will only output at USB 3.0 speeds. Essentially you would purchase the UD-3900, and utilize the USB 3.0 cable included with the docking station, and connect it to the available USB 3.0 port on your system!

I hope this information helps, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support

Marc,

I also have a Flex 5 and have connected it to the UD-3900 using an available USB 3.0 port. I have two monitors connected to the UD-3900 but only one of them is getting signal. I have tried switching cables, have updated the Plugable driver to the latest one from this website and still only one monitor is getting signal and Windows 10 only recognizes there is one monitor connected. Can you help with this problem?

Jay, sorry for hijacking this thread.

Jim

Never mind, just got it working. Had to turn off laptop display but I did not need three displays as I keep laptop cover closed.

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, as well as providing all of the individual steps you have taken to get the docking station working. You should be able to utilize the docking station with your individual laptop monitor still available as a new screen, so we could be dealing with a new issue. When you have a moment, could you please visit www.plugable.com/support/plugdebug and download our PlugDebug logging tool. Then, once you have ran the application, a .zip file will populate on your desktop. Send this individual file to our support email at support@plugable.com

Thank you for your time,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We were able to help Jay find the right individual docking station for his system, that would fit his functional needs, and utilize less adapters! Jim was able to resolve his issue by closing his laptop, but we did advise him to contact us, as the docking station will work with the internal laptop display being utilized, but we did not receive a response back.

If any one has any similar questions or issues, feel free to contact us directly at support@plugable.com, and we will assist as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support

Forgive me for not having responded before. I was able to fix the issue on my end, it had nothing to do with the Plugable docking station. Everything is working fine now, I have three screens I can use including the laptop. Thanks for reaching out to me and I would encourage anyone to contact them directly as they want to help.

Sorry for the late reply. I just placed an order for a UD-3900.

Thanks

Jay

I assume DL-6950 will not work with Flex 5 ?

Jay