What product should I buy

My wife wants to use the keyboard monitor and mouse from her pc with her work laptop but still wants to use pc when laptop is not plugged in. Would the plugable usb 3.0 work for this?

Hello Eric,

Thanks for reaching out on our forums and considering Plugable for your needs! Based on the description of the setup you’re looking to setup, this might be possible. However, before I recommend the products you’d need to accomplish this, I’d like to make sure what I’m thinking would work properly and without any issues. With that in mind, can you tell me a few details asked below?

• Can you tell me the model of laptop you have?
  • What is the operating system of both computers?
  • What connections are available on your monitor (HDMI, DVI, etc)?
  • Does both the laptop and desktop have a USB 3.0 port? The setup I’m thinking would not work over USB 2.0, and both computers will need a USB 3.0 port.

With that information, I should be able to determine if your computers would be compatible and better determine which products you’d need. Let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to working with you on this!

Regards,

Patrick
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Eric regarding the issue on this thread, but we have not received a response back. If Eric or anyone else is experiencing the same issue, please let us know by contacting us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be happy to assist!

Thank you for your patience,

Patrick
www.plugable.com/support