I bought the adapter a couple of months ago and it’s been working like a charm ever since but suddenly for some reason it stopped working properly. The screen rendering has gotten so slow that it lags when I type anything. Browsing is a nightmare (on all browsers) and obviously playing any videos is not even an option with that kind of rendering speed (it used to work just fine).
The only thing that I did which started all of this is that I installed a windows update that led to a computer restart. From there, the adapter became insanely slow when it renders anything on the screen.
model Plugable adapter:
UGA-2K-A USB 2.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI Adapter
Thanks for posting here! We’ve had a flood of tickets yesterday because a Windows update deployed by Microsoft on 2/27/2013 is leaving Windows systems in Basic mode, which then causes problems because the most stable drivers for Windows 7 depend on Aero to work well.
All the cases got resolved by doing a system restore. If you are unfamiliar with it, here is a link to a post which explains how to do it: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixthep… .
Could you please give it a try and let us know if your issue gets fixed by doing a system restore?
If the issue does not get fixed with a system restore, could you please run the DisplayLink Support Tool (instructions here:http://plugable.com/support/displayli…) and send us the .zip generated by it on the desktop as an attachment at email@example.com with your Amazon Order ID and a link to this thread.
This will give us a better insight to what is going on the software side. Once we analyze the .zip, we will figure out the next steps.
Thank you for your reply. I’ve tried to do a system restore but I keep getting the following error message:
I switched off my anti-virus software and still got the same error message. I will run the analysis tool and send it to you.
Thanks for sending the .zip! Once we analyze it, we will provide you with the next steps to resolve the issue.
Is there any update on this. I also can now no longer use the 2 plugins that I have that gave me 4 monitors. The 2 plugable monitors seem to render applications and folder lists fine but can’t seem to render information in browsers. Or rather when you scroll down in a browser window, it takes almost 20 - 30 seconds for the page to reflect the change. If I move the window to a regular monitor and back again then it displays correctly for that instant.
If this issue can’t be fixed soon then I basically have 2 plugable deadweights since most of my work is web/browser based.
Thanks for posting here! Yes, the issue reported here was caused by Windows Update KB2670838. Uninstalling just that update resolves the issue.
Here is a link to another post which also has instructions to identify and uninstall the update : http://support.plugable.com/plugable/…
Please follow the instructions on the link. If the issue you are seeing persists after that, please do run the DisplayLink Support Tool (instructions here:http://plugable.com/support/displayli…) and send us the .zip generated by it on the desktop as an attachment at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Amazon Order ID and a link to this thread.
We will analyze the .zip to figure out what could be causing the issue you are seeing and how to resolve it quickly.