vga monitor not working

on lenovo x1 carbon running windows 7, the vga monitor not working but the hdmi monitor is working. How do i fix that so i can extend to both external monitors?

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected.

Based on your description of the behavior, our first step is to get some additional information from your system.

If you would, please keep the dock connected and both monitors attached (even though one is not working) and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps. Please send the log file to our email ( support@plugable.com ) with the subject line “Ticket #228491 - Attention Pat”.

Please also let me know how the VGA monitor is attached ( for example, using our DVI-to-VGA adapter and a VGA-to-VGA cable to the monitor ) as well as the manufacturer name and model number of the VGA monitor. This additional information will help if there is a settings issue on the monitor preventing it from working.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hello Michael,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support