USB-VGA-2.0 - 165 not working!!!

Hello i have purchased the plugable usb-vga-2.0-165 through amazon and have installed the latest software, but when i plug it in my third monitor stays black and nothing shows up. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it 3 times with the same result. I am on a dell laptop with Windows 8.1 installed. I am not sure what else to do.

Thanks,

Kelly

Hi Kelly, thanks for posting! Sorry to hear that our adapter is not working and I will be happy to help!

Based off of your description, the quickest variable too double-check would be to make sure that the input setting on your monitor is set properly. If you haven’t already, would you be able to confirm that your monitor’s input setting is set by using the buttons on the front of your monitor?

Assuming that the input settings are setup already, we’ll want to examine some log files to see if they can tell us what is happening. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with everything connected. Please send us the file that is created on your desktop to our direct support email (support@plugable.com) with ‘Ticket Number 151230’ in the subject line so we can match everything up. We’ll examine the logs and determine next steps from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support