I have two laptops connected to the USB3 switch. Laptop1 to port1 and laptop2 to port2. The usb3 switch is connected to a USB docking station
I have noticed an unusual and annoying behavior of automatic USB port switch:
- If the last laptop I was using was laptop2 (USB switch on port2) and
- Laptop2 goes to sleep and
- Hours later I find laptop 2 in sleep mode and USB switch on port2
The following happens:
- I am unable to wake up the laptop from the keyboard or mouse ??
- If I open the laptop and press power to wake up the laptop it does, however, the USB automatically switches to port1. So I also have manually press port2 again ??
I appreciate if any can comment on why these TWO problems occur