USB serial converter, No disc drive install

Hello I have just purchased your plugable usb serial converter for windows 8. I have an ultrabook with no disc drive how do I download the software needed to run this component? It says in the instructions not to plug in the serial converter untill disc is run and being as I have no disc drive I need to know alternate methods.Thanks.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting your question here! If Windows Update is enabled on the system and you have Internet connectivity , you can connect the Plugable PL2303-DB9 USB 2.0 Serial Adapter to the system. Windows Update will automatically download and install the drivers when the device is connected to the system the first time.

If Windows Update is not enabled or the system does not have Internet connectivity, then you do need to install the drivers manually. You can download and install the drivers for the Plugable PL2303-DB9 USB 2.0 Serial Adapter from the following link:

Drivers for Plugable PL2303-DB9

Hope the above information helps! If you need any additional information, please do feel free to shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze