USB host to host cable for mobile phone

Hi. I am looking for a usb host to host that connects a mobile phone (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S6 Android phone, or HTC windows mobile 6.5 phone) to PC. so that we could do file transfer or possibly synchronization between PC and the phone.

find this cable of yours, will it work or any other recommendations?
http://plugable.com/products/USB-EASY…

thanks,

Hi Yan,

Thank you for posting this and having interests in our products!

Unfortunately The Plugable USB 2.0 Windows Transfer Cable doesn’t support any Windows phone nor Android. It only supports Windows PC systems.

Actually, I am not clear about what do you mean by “a usb host to host” connection. Usually, if you wanted to “do file transfer or possibly synchronization between PC and the phone”, you can connect the phone to the PC by using a USB cable. The PC will detect the phone as an external storage, then you can transfer data back and forth.

I am sorry that it doesn’t seem we have any good solution for you, but hope this information helps!

Regards,
Sachiko
Plugable Support

Hi Sachiko,

You are right about the PC to phone in the normal fashion. my situation is a bit different. I attach a usb OTG hub to the phone so that I could connect some usb devices such as mouse, etc. but at the same time, I couldn’t connect the PC to the phone in the normal way because the phone is running as a host. that’s why I am wondering if your usb host to host cable will work?

Yan,

Thank you for the clarification. Now I think I could understand your question correctly.

I am sorry to say this but I still don’t think our USB-Easy-Tran cable nor other Plugable products work with your setup. The USB-Easy-Tran cable is to use the Bravura Easy Computer Sync software, or the built-in Windows Easy Transfer feature, which to be installed or active. Those are working on regular Windows systems XP to 8.1 only so far.

Another note is, basically Android doesn’t allow users to install any additional device driver. This means if you wanted to use any of external USB devices, the driver has to be pre-installed into the Android phone/tablet when it’s shipped from manufacturer. Either the external USB device work or not totally depends on the manufacturers’ decision.

I am not very sure about Windows CE or Windows Phone, but my guess is the same. As far as I know, it doesn’t expect normal users to install any device drivers. (But I could be wrong about this… sorry.)

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Sachiko
Plugable Support