usb connection problem when tablet is asleep

I have a problem plugging my dell venue pro 11 into the plugable usb 3 docking station when the tablet is asleep. The tablet wont see the docking station and even when the tablet is out of sleep mode the USB port wont work even unplugging and plugging in again. only solution so far is to reboot. no problem if the tablet is awake when i plug in. Any suggestions? is this windows or plugable issue? i am running windows 8.1 with all updates.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! I’d be more than happy to assist you with this issue.

This sounds like it may be an issue with how Windows is managing the USB controller to save power during sleep mode.

As a simple test, what happens if you plug other devices into that port when the tablet is asleep? Trying devices like a keyboard/mouse, flash drive/external hard drive may prove to be good test scenarios.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

Thanks for your prompt reply. You are right. other devices don’t work either. I have changed the properties of the USB root hub now so that it remains on during sleep mode and i will see what happens