USB-C Triple 4K display Docking Station

I purchased the docking station to plug in three Apple Studio Displays. I am only plugging in one studio display while waiting for others to arrive. I follow the instructions. Plug in the Docking station. I then connect the USB-C cable to my macbook pro and the Docking Station as indicated. I then use a Plugable USB-C to Display port adapter and plug that in. No response?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry, our USB-C Triple Display Docking Stations are not compatible with Apple’s Studio Displays.

The Apple Studio Display requires a direct Thunderbolt connection to the host computer and will not be detected when connected through a USB-C docking station. Depending on the specific model MacBook the system may support one to three Apple Studio Displays. For example the MacBook Pro 13-inch 2020 and newer models can only support a single external display, however the MacBook Pro 16-inch 2021 with M1 Max processor can support up to three of these displays, each connected directly to the MacBook Pro.

Additionally, USB-C to DisplayPort adapter cables are one-way adapters from a USB-C port on a compatible computer to a DisplayPort input on a display, they will not work in reverse to connect from a DisplayPort output on the docking station to a Thunderbolt input on the Apple Studio Display.

I am sorry this docking station is incompatible with the Apple Studio Display, the docking station may be used to connect up to three DisplayPort or HDMI displays to the computer.

We offer a 30-day no-hassle return policy for all products sold by Plugable and fulfilled by Amazon, if this docking station will not meet your needs it can be returned directly to Amazon for a full refund, or I can help to return the docking station directly to Plugable for a full refund as well ( for purchases within the United States ). To start the return process directly to Plugable please send an email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #388566 - Attention Pat’ and we can get the return process started.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if there is anything else I can do to help.

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.