USB Audio Adapter Not Working on Mac

I’m on a Macbook Pro 2012 and OS X El Capitan. I am attempting to plug my electric guitar to my Mac using the following setup: Guitar --> 1/4" guitar cable --> 1/4" to 3.5mm TRS adapter --> Pluggable usb audio adapter --> usb port. No Joy! I have switched the default input audio to the pluggable USB but my Macbook does not detect it (meaning I play and the mac isn’t picking up any input). Ideas?

Hello Nathan,

Thanks for contacting us! We’re sorry to hear that the USB Audio Adapter isn’t working with your electric guitar as expected. I’m happy to help.

Although the 1/4" guitar cable to 3.5mm TRS adapter seems like it would work with the Plugable USB Audio Adapter, it’s most likely not working because the guitar requires power to function properly.

Our USB Audio Adapter is not capable of providing the power the guitar needs to function, which is why your Macbook isn’t detecting the guitar.

If the main reason you purchased this adapter was to be used with your electric guitar setup, it may be best to return the adapter for a full refund.

If you’re still within Amazon’s 30-Day Return policy, please feel free to request a return with them through your Amazon account. Here’s a link to the returns web page for your convenience: https://www.amazon.com/returns/

If you’re outside of that 30-Day Return policy, please provide us with your Amazon Order ID, and we’ll be happy to assist you with the refund process on our end.

We’re sorry that our product won’t suit your needs in this case, but we appreciate your interest in our products.

Thank You,

Amanda Henry
Plugable Technologies