USB 3.0 to HDMI. Fail.

The device stops working and monitor turns off. I really would like to be able to use a third monitor but it is so frustrating for my plugable device to stop sending video that I think I might have to stop using it.

To fix the problem I have to unplug the pluggable from my computer and do a full restart. Any ideas?

1920x1080 res, extended. Windows 7 laptop.

My computer thinks its there as I scroll over and my mouse disappears however the display is black and showing no signal.

Hi Nate,

Thanks for posting! We’ll be able to help.

Quick question: Does the monitor attached to our adapter come up and display the Windows desktop momentarily, then go to black when you mouse over to it?

Or does it never come up to the desktop at all?

Thanks for letting us know – from that, we’ll figure out next steps.

Thanks!
Bernie

It works for a few hours at a time then just stops.

I lock my computer walk a way and when I come back it stops working.

Or it sometimes just freezes the picture and stays frozen.

Hi Nate,

Thanks for the quick reply. That sounds like it might be a problem with either USB bus power, or (more likely) a USB host controller for which upgraded drivers may resolve the issue.

But we’ll be able to figure it out.

To figure out next steps, could you run DisplayLink’s Support tool, available here:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/…

It will generate a .zip file on your desktop in the “DisplayLink Support Files” directory. Could you email that to us at support@plugable.com ? Thanks!

From that, we’ll be able to figure out next steps.

Thanks for your patience!
Bernie