USB 3.0 Graphics Adapter monitor problem

I recently pourchased a usb 3.0 graphics adapter to connect to my plugable 3.0 docking station to add a second monitor. However my second monitor has a 1/2 black border on the right side of the screen. The other monitor connected to the docking station is perfect, i checked the properties of both monitors and they are the same. Any ideas of what is happening? Thank you

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting here! Let’s figure out what is causing the issue and how to resolve it.

Some quick questions to understand the setup and the issue better:

1. What is the make and model (or specs) of the system to which the Plugable UD-3000 is connected and the current version of OS installed?

2. What are the make and models of the monitors connected via the Plugable UD-3000 and the Plugable USB3-VGA?

3. Are both the monitors are set in ‘Extend’ mode and have been configured to use the same resolution on Windows Display Properties?

4. If you swap the monitors (i.e. connect the monitor currently connected via the Plugable USB3-VGA to the graphics port on the Plugable UD-3000 and connect the monitor currently connected via the graphics port on the Plugable UD-3000 via the Plugable USB3-VGA) do you see the border on the same monitor or does the black border move to the monitor currently connected via the Plugable USB3-VGA?

Once you post back with this information, we will figure out the next steps.

Regards,
Roze