USB 3.0 docking station massive performance drop

Hello,

I bought a UD-3900 docking station and a USB 3.0 switch to switch between my mac and PC. Everything works OK after I installed the display drivers. On PC however the driver takes 20% of my CPU which makes almost everything I do on my PC almost unusable and now I’m forced again to plug and unplug my 7cables and stop the driver because of the massive performance drop. Is this normal and expected or have I done something wrong.

Regards,
Dayan

Hello Dayan,

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable support.

Typically, a dual monitor docking station would not cause these types of issue with the CPU usage.

With each additional display, more resources are required from the CPU and GPU of the computer, which can result in imperfect display performance depending on the graphics burden.

We normally see this issues when customers are driving more than 4 displays.

I’d like to take a better look at your system to investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable dock connected to your system, then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there?

Please email the results with “ticket #368940” in the subject.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Omar D.
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.