USB 2.0 Ethernet adapter compatibility.

Is your USB 2.0 Ethernet adapter compatible with an Acer Aspire E1-570 laptop? My Ethernet port is broken (pins are all bent) so I need your product.
Also it was kinda weird that you tweeted me to come ask this question here rather than just telling me in the reply tweet.

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for posting the question here!

I think your laptop is running Windows 8 or higher. If that the case the necessary device driver of the USB2-E100 Ethernet adapter has been included in the OS. When you plug in the adapter, Windows should detect it and configure the driver automatically for you.

>>Also it was kinda weird that you tweeted me to come ask this question here rather than just telling me in the reply tweet.

Sorry about this confusion, but you can always directly contact us at support@plugable.com, instead of using this public space. Either way we’d be happy to assist you. I guess 140 characters of tweet might not be enough for answering technical questions, though. Most of the times it’s not just answering “yes” or “no”, but needs to explain a bit more details.

Please let us know if you needed any additional help at our support@plugable.com. Thank again for contacting us!

Regards,
Sachiko
Plugable Technologies