US-3900 display link no longer working

Hi
My docking station has stopped working - I am no longer getting extended video.

I plug in my device and connect through an HDMI cable. I get an error message saying the device is not recognized and on checking device manager there are exclamation marks against UD-3900 graphic drivers.

I uninstalled the drivers. Unplugged the docking station from the power, usb and HDMI for a minute. I then plugged in the power and waited another 30 seconds before plugging in the usb cable and then the HDMI cable

It fails

The mouse which is attached to the usb plug does work but no extended display

If I plug the HDMI cable directly into the laptop it works

I tried the docking station on another device and it fails again

I have updated and installed the latest software/drivers

The device is very warm

What do I need to do to get a replacement?

Thanks

Hi Ray,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry things are not working as expected while using your Plugable UD-3900 docking station and I would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for the detail you have provided and the troubleshooting that you have already performed that is much appreciated.

We offer a two-year hardware warranty for the UD-3900 when the unit has been sold by Plugable and fulfilled by Amazon. Should your purchase meet those requirements and it ultimately be determined necessary, we will of course provide a replacement under warranty.

However, we will first want to review some logs files from your system to help rule out any problems that could cause a replacement to behave in the same manner.

If you would, please keep the dock connected to your original system and the displays connected to the dock (even if not working as expected) and please send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to us directly via support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #315852’ in the subject line. This will allow us to match things up and examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

** Please also include the Amazon Order ID number for the UD-3900 purchase, it is required to confirm the unit’s warranty status **

** Please do not post the PlugDebug file or the Amazon Order ID number here in our public forum **

Apologies again for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.