Unable to use two Dell monitors with Lenovo Yoga 2 + Plugable UD-3900

I recently bought two Dell g2410 monitors which I want to use with my Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop. I purchased the Plugable UD-3900 based on a recommendation from other users which had successfully gotten the same set up to work with an earlier version of the Yoga laptop.

The first extra monitor works fine. I’m using the DVI to VGA adapter that came with the USB hub + VGA cable to connect to that monitor. I’m still running my laptop screen as well (extended display).

The second Dell monitor still isn’t working. I’ve tried the following arrangements:

• USB 3.0 to VGA adapter + VGA cable
  • HDMI to VGA adapter cable plugged directly into the monitor. Error message reads “No VGA Cable Plugged In”

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

My next step would be to plug a VGA splitter into the DVI to VGA adapter that’s already working, but I wanted to check here before buying a third adapter given that similar problems have been reported…

Hi Kevin, thanks for posting! Sorry to hear of the troubles getting your second monitor working and I will be happy to help!

Thank you for the description of the behavior you are seeing. Based off of this, would you be able to temporarily move the VGA cable that is currently connected to your working monitor and connect it to your second Dell monitor that is not displaying your Desktop? If we can move the VGA cable from a known working monitor that is connected to our dock it could help isolate the behavior.

Pending the results from that test, we’ll want to examine some log files to see if they can tell us what is happening. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with everything connected in your desired state (even though your 2nd monitor is not working). Please send us the file that is created on the Desktop by attaching it to an email to our direct support email address at support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket Number 155050’ in the subject line so we can match everything up. We’ll examine the logs and determine next steps from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks David. Both monitors work when plugged into the VGA cable (connected via DVI adapter).

I’ve just emailed the logs to the support email. I appreciate the help!