i orderd the UGA USB 2.0 Multi Display Adapter. Now nothing works. I installed all drivers but the little green light is off. The second display is black at all.
DELL Pentium Dual Core CPU E5400 2.7GHz , 2GB RAM, 64x Bit
Could anybody help me?
Thanks for posting! Based on your description of the behavior, our first step is to perform a clean install of the DisplayLink driver used by our adapter to help insure it is in good state and not contributing to the behavior. If you would please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the adapter from the system and please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here –> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.1 M0 DisplayLink software, found here –> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the adapter to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation. If the device is not detected, please click the ‘Skip’ button to allow the process to complete and then reboot the system.
If that helps get the device working properly, great! If not, let me know and we’ll take it from there.
thank your for helping me. I followed all of your steps but the display adapter don’t work. The Display remains black and the little green light on the adapter is still off. !](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1545726/DisplayLink_inline.jpg?1485938897)](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1545726/DisplayLink.jpg?1485938897)
Maybe could this be the problem?