UGA-4KDP slow display updating recently

I have a UGA-4KDP that I’ve been using for a couple of years and it has worked well. I’m using it on the latest version of Windows 10 on a Lenovo T540p. The computer is in a docking station and I have three monitors, two on HDMI and one is using the UGA-4KDP.

In the past I haven’t really noticed which monitor was using the UGA-4KDP. When dragging windows, moving the mouse, watching Youtube videos, it was just as fast as the HDMI connected monitors.

Just this week I noticed that the monitor on the UGA-4KDP is updating extremely slow. When I drag a window on that monitor, instead of smoothly moving it jumps around like the video can’t be processed fast enough. Sometimes even the mouse cursor jumps around when moving. The HDMI monitors are working normally.

I looked at my Windows update history and see that something called “Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709” and KB4093112 both installed on 5/14. This is approximately when I first noticed the problem, but I’m not sure if those caused the problem, it is just a guess.

Is there any way to debug this problem? I don’t see any error messages so I’m not sure how to proceed. I tried rebooting and it didn’t help.

Additional info:
In Windows Device Manager I see this info on the driver for the UGA-4KDP:
Driver Date: 9/12/2017
Driver Version: 8.3.2008.0

After some additional investigation I have resolved this issue. It wasn’t due to the usb adapter. It turns out that Windows was stuck at the lowest CPU speed. With the CPU so slow the video updating on the USB video was also incredibly slow (it was just a lot easier to notice).

Somehow the CPU has now returned to its normal speed and the video is fine again. Please close this issue. Thanks!