After a days use, the monitor attached to my device is no longer detected and the green light is not on. Device manger show the device is detected but no monitor is detected. OS is Windows 7 and the monitor has been tested by connecting it directly to the laptop. Can you help?
I am sorry to hear this. Let us first perform a clean DisplayLink driver installation to see if this can help. Please do the following:
- Disconnect display adapter from the computer
- Uninstall DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel -> Programs. Do not worry if this fails, just move onto the next step.
- Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool -> http://displaylink.com/techsupport_fi…
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (do not close the window until you see the message “Cleaning complete. Press ENTER to end.”)
- Now download and run the latest DisplayLink software from our downloads page -> http://www.displaylink.com/support/sl…
- Reconnect the display adapter to the computer and test.
If we end up with the same symptoms, I would need to take a closer look via PlugDebug (http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug). Please run this utility while the display adapter is connected to computer and monitor and mail it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org since this forum does not allow the sharing of attachments.