UDA-3000 graininess or distortion, showing mostly on text

Hi,

I’ve just bought a Plugable UDA-3000 along with a new monitor, so I can use two for work, rather than one, and my much smaller laptop screen.

I’m having an issue that shows up best on smaller text (which Is what I use it mostly for). The text appears as if it’s has a series of smaller lines through, or is very slightly wiggly, as it used to sometimes when a older printer was misaligned. Rather than a smooth line, it’s almost an interrupted one.

I’m running three screens, a laptop, main monitor, and the additional screen, each of which have a slightly different resolution. I imagine it’s a windows issue, but wonder if you can shed any light please?

I can increase the clarity considerably by running the second monitor as a clone of the laptop, but not entirely.

I wonder if you have any advice please?

It’s a new, downloaded driver, Windows 10, on an Asus UX-305.
Monitor one 2560 x 1440
Monitor two 1920 x 1080
Laptop 3200 x 1800

Thanks ever so much

Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for posting and I will be happy to help! Thank you for the description of the issue you are seeing, and certainly unusual. Just to clarify, you are running all three screens in Extended mode at the monitor’s optimal resolution, but the monitor connected to our adapter is the only one displaying this strange text misalignment?

If possible, would you be able to attach a photo of the issue to this forum thread (by clicking ‘Add Image’ when posting a response)? Understood if this is not something you can provide, but could be valuable to understand exactly what you are seeing.

Lastly, would you be able to let us know the brand and model of Monitor one and Monitor two?

Please let us know these additional pieces of information whenever you have a moment and we will go from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support