UD3900 on acer aspire s7

The acer aspire s7 will support only one external monitor. I need two. Will the UD-3900 solve this problem?

Hi, thanks for posting! Although we have not tested with your specific system in our labs and without knowing the specific model of displays, I would expect the Acer Aspire S7 to work with our docking station in order to connect two displays. Please be aware that our dock requires the DIsplayLink software to be installed in order to work. DisplayLink has created a compatibility check tool here –> http://support.displaylink.com/knowle… to help determine if your system is capable of running the DisplayLink software.

If you choose to proceed with a purchase, we do offer a 30-day no hassle return policy via Amazon if you find that our dock does not meet your needs.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Many thanks. I’ll give it a try.

my acer aspire s7 can only has hdmi or mini hdmi video ports. the usb 3.0 ports supposedly do not support video. does that mean that i cannot use the plugable 3900 for video extension?

the displaylink software does work on this machine.

The DisplayLink technology in the UD-3900 should allow any system with a compatible processor, graphics card, and operating system to output video over USB (so it shouldn’t require any special “USB video” support from the system builder).