UD-ULTCDL - using MacBook Air and my 2nd display is not working

Although not strictly supported I’ve seen online that once you install the DisplayLink drivers the triple monitor support for the hub I purchased should work. I have downloaded these drivers but still only one monitor turns on?
Using MacBook Air 2018

Any help appreciated!

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for posting!

You are correct that we don’t officially support macOS with our DisplayLink-based docking stations and USB graphics adapters, as there have been historical driver incompatibilities in the past. (We do mention this on our website and product listing).

That being said, there has been significant progress made by DisplayLink with macOS Mojave and Catalina with an updated driver and for most of our customers report good results with this setup, and if this trend continues we hope to change macOS to a supported platform. However, please note that for the time being we may be limited in the support we can provide should further issues arise.

Based on the description of the problem, this sounds like an issue with the DisplayLink driver not being loaded. We’ll want to follow our reinstall procedure below, making sure steps 10-13 of the install process are completed successfully, as these are crucial for ensuring the driver loads on the system:

1. Follow our uninstall procedure: https://plugable.com/drivers/displaylink/mac/#uninstall
  2. Follow our install procedure: https://plugable.com/drivers/displaylink/mac/#install_catalina

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

Hi Mitchell,

Sorry, I should have retracted this. Through following the guidance on your website I have rectified the issue.

Thanks!

Hi Daniel,

No worries. Thank you for the update and I’m glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue.

I’ll be closing this topic, but for any other questions or concerns, please feel free to open up a new post or reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com. We’re glad to assist.

Best wishes,

Mitchell