Ud-ultcdl Mouse Lag (corded or wireless)

I have the ud-ultcdl Plugable dock with 3 monitors (29" each) connected to an XP Spectre 360.
The mouse will freeze every few seconds when moving around and clicking around websites or folders. I disconnected the Plugable and connected a single monitor to the laptop via the onboard HDMI port, and the problem has ceased.

Hi There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist.

When wired USB keyboards are connected to the UD-ULTCDL (wireless devices are a different matter), the behavior you describe is not expected. On the surface, the behavior you describe sounds like an issue we have seen reported with our USB-C docking stations that ultimately was determined to be caused by a power management setting within Windows for the Intel Management Engine built-in to the laptop.

In those other cases, applying a simple change within the Windows Registry to change this power management setting helped. I would ask you that apply the same change to help rule this specific issue out as a possible contributor here.

** While most updates proceed without incident, there is always a chance something could go wrong. Prior to proceeding, please ensure you have a verified full system backup of any and all important data and please create a fresh System Restore Point as a precaution → https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4571-create-system-restore-point-windows-10-a.html Plugable will not be able to help recover any data or restore the system to working state should an update not work as expected. If you do not wish to take this risk, please stop here and let me know. **

To do so, please download and execute this Dell ‘USB-C Patch’ file which will make the appropriate registry change → https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03471411M/13/Dell_Dock_USB_TYPE-C_PATCH_2K0JJ_A00_SETUP_ZPE.exe

Once complete, please reboot the system and test the behavior again. Please let me know if you start to experience the same issue, or if the problem has been resolved.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Josh to provide a fix for the lag they were experiencing while utilizing their Triple Display Dock, but we did not receive a response back. If Josh would like to continue troubleshooting, or anyone else is running into the same issue, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at support@plugable.com in the future if you have any additional questions or concerns, and we would be more than happy to assist.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support