UD-CAM not charging, HDMI screen not displayed. Mac & Lenovo X1

I purchased a UD-CAM to use with my Lenovo X1 and my partner’s Mac Book Pro. In both cases the device is providing power, but will not charge our devices.
I have a HDMI to DVI cable to connect to a monitor. The cable works directly from the Lenovo X1 and I can use the second display without issue. However, I am unable to see the second display when it is connected to the dock - either on the Mac or on the Lenovo.
An additional symptom on the Lenovo is a symptom that I can best describe as ‘cycling’. When the dock is connected, the mic icon flashes on and off and a display port notification pops up and disappears again. The power indicator switches on and off several times too.
Given the issues are affecting both devices and I’ve ruled out cables (switched out the USB-C and HDMI-DVI cables), I’m assuming it is a hardware issue. Is there anything else you suggest I try before returning it?
Many thanks,
John

For those who may be following this thread, John reached out to us directly and based on the fact that the issue is seen on the same dock across two different hosts, we’ve elected to send out a replacement to rule out the Plugable hardware as the issue.

Thanks!

Mitchell

The replacement unit arrived swiftly and works perfectly. We now have a single dock that supports both our Mac and Windows machines, connecting both via USB-C to our additional monitor, external mic, and a host of other USB detritus :slight_smile:

Thank you for your swift response and resolution.
John

Thanks for the update here! I’m glad to hear that the replacement has resolved the issue, and of course you’re welcome for the help.

I’ll be closing this post , but please do not hesitate to open a new topic or contact us directly at support@plugable.com should any future questions or concern arise. We’re glad to assist.

Best wishes,

Mitchell