UD-3900 stopped working on my Lenova X220

Hi, I got the UD-3900 on Wednesday and simply plugged it all in and connected it to my Lenova X220 to find, happily I had 2 additional screens working automatically (I noticed it installed some drivers). The next day I used the docking station with my personal Laptop Yoga 2 - again it installed some drivers - and worked straightaway. However today when I went back to using the X220 on the docking station - it no longer works and says my drivers are no longer compatible and I need to download drivers from the website (this would not be an issue but the Lenova X220 is locked down on installations). Any idea why this has happened all of a sudden and the X220 needs new drivers since Wednesday and is there anyway round this bar going back into the office and getting the local admin to try and install the new drivers?
Would be good to get it working again today … as can’t get into the office till next week.

Hi Steve, thanks for posting! Sorry to hear that our dock stopped working with your Lenovo X220 laptop and I’ll be happy to help.

Thanks for the description of the behavior you’re seeing. Based off of your description, a re installation of the DisplayLink drivers would most likely be recommended to make sure that the software was in a good state and there’s likely not much we can do without Administrator privileges in the meantime (other than just rebooting your system). As our dock is working on a Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop, we theoretically know the hardware is working properly so we will want to focus on software variables. We’ll want to examine some log files from your system to help determine what could be happening and if there are any steps that we can take without Administrative rights. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with everything connected to your Lenovo X220 system (even though it is not working) and please send us the file that is created on your Desktop by sending it to our direct support email at support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket Number 149327’ in the subject line so we can match everything up. We’ll examine the logs and determine next steps from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support