UD-3900 Not working with MacBook Pro Mid-2015 running MacOS 10.15.6

I am not able to get my MacBook Pro Mid-2015 laptop running MacOS 10.15.6 to recognize the UD-3900 docking station. I am able to install the UD-3900 drivers for a MacOS 10.15 version successfully, but when i go to plug the USB to the laptop nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of the UD-3900 drivers (DisplayLink Mac Driver Version 5.2.5), but nothing. Interesting enough, I use the same docking station for my work laptop, but that is a PC, and it works just fine. Looking to get some help here to see what I should be doing to use my docking station with my MacBook pro laptop.

Hello!

Thanks for joining our forums and reaching out, we are always happy to help. Although our DisplayLink based devices like the UD-3900 are not currently recommended for use with macOS at this time, they can be made to work. In order to use this dock with macOS, specific steps need to be followed to install the software and configure DisplayLink to work in the OS. Please review the following link and try the instructionsn there. You may have to run through the steps multiple times for the steps to work but please do let us know if you’re still seeing issue.

Plugable’s DisplayLink installation for macOS Catalina:
https://plugable.com/drivers/displaylink/mac/#install_catalina

Please let us know what questions you have and whether these steps help.

Thanks!
-Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.