UD-3900/new laptop won't recognize?

I’ve had my UD-3900 for a year now, and have been very happy with it. I just bought a new laptop for my doctorate (MSI GS70 Stealth Pro-006 running Win10 Home), replacing an Asus ROG G750JS-DS71.

My UD-3900 switches between a Surface Pro from work and my MSI laptop, using a Plugable USB 3.0 Sharing Switch. I have 2x27" monitors connected to the UD-3900 along with wired keyboard and mouse. With the new laptop, when I switch over to it, I have trouble getting things to work.

First of all, my laptop seems to go to sleep, even though I have it set not to…I may change that since it sleeps anyway.

Secondly, once the laptop wakes up, sometimes I have to reboot my UD-3900 to get it to be recognized (after which everything works)

Thirdly, the times the laptop recognizes the UD-3900 enough to get a display on my monitors, it doesn’t recognize my mouse, and I have to unplug/plug it back in a couple of times before it works.

Hi Carl,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry your docking station isn’t working as expected with your new MSI system, and I would be happy to help.

As the unit has been (and I am assuming still) working as expected with your Surface we know to focus on the MSI system itself.

In regard to the first issue, our dock can’t cause the system to go to sleep so not quite sure what is happening there.

In regard to the second and third issues, the first step is to try and isolate the behavior further. To make sure the Plugable Sharing switch isn’t contributing to the behavior, can you remove it temporarily and test the behavior with the dock directly connected to the MSI system to see if the behavior is different?

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support