I have had my UD-3900 for about a year, with no problems up to now.
Over the last few days, the following has occurred a number of times:
- Connected keyboard freezes (but laptop keyboard still functions, as does mouse)
- A minute or two later, the entire computer freezes and cursor disappears - I can’t even get CTRL-ALT-DEL on the laptop keyboard to do anything, so I have to force a power down.
This has happened a number of times, and the external keyboard is always the first sign that something is wrong.
Here’s my configuration, in case it’s useful to know:
- Connected equipment: Ethernet to USB3 (via adaptor), external hard drive to USB3, keyboard, mouse, printer and scanner to USB2.
- External display connected to UD-3900 via HDMI.
- Computer is a Windows 10 laptop.
I have had this configuration for some time (though I sometimes connect different peripherals on the USB2 ports). Once a week I take my laptop (but not my docking station) to a different office and connect a display directly via HDMI.
Any suggestions how to remedy this?