UD-3900 Dual Monitor Issue

I have a setup at home where a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (6th Gen) Windows 10 laptop is driving display to two external monitors. The primary monitor is connected via the HDMI port and the secondary via the VGA to DVI adapter. What I have seen is that when the Google Chrome browser has tabs open on the primary monitor and tabs open on the secondary monitor, sometimes the tabs on the primary monitor “go dead”. Even if I mouse over, they are inactive. Other applications on primary monitor are fine. I have seen it happen with Internet Explorer as well. In fact when that happens, if you launch Internet Explorer on the primary monitor or another instance of Chrome the top part of the browser is outside the visible top of he monitor. Only way to fix is logout and login again. I already have the latest DisplayLink Windows driver. Problem is becoming more frequent.

Hello and thanks for posting!

Thank you as well for the detail you provided that is much appreciated. The behavior you describe is not typical, nor have we had any similar reports (especially unusual as it only affects certain applications). As a result, our next step is to get some additional information.

If you would, please keep everything connected and send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to us directly via support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket 235450’ in the subject line. This will allow us match things up and examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps. * Please do not post this information in our public forum *

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.