UD-3900 and Nvidia GeForce 920MX with HDMI connection

I have a UD-3900 connected to an HT225 Hanns G touch monitor, Lenovo Ideapad 310-15ISK laptop with Intel HD Graphics 520 and Nvidia GeForce 920MX as standard.
When I connect to the monitor with the HDMI cable the Nvidia Graphics are not recognised. If I use the DVI connection it is. I prefer to use HDMI if possible, can I get it to use the Nvidia graphics card.

Hi Tony,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist!

The individual issue that you are experiencing is one that is due to how Windows 10 specifically renders the specific GPU to power the connected DisplayLink devices. The reason Nvidia does not specifically allow for the HDMI or DVI to default to the dedicated card is due to Windows 10 defaulting to using the POST GPU for render inside the OS on indirect displays (in other words, it only will render on the iGPU in most cases) The iGPU is the integrated GPU on the CPU. The best resolution involves disabling the “Onboard iGPU” so that the only available GPU on the system to utilize is the Nvidia Graphics card.

Because this specific error is oriented to how Windows is configuring the DisplayLink devices, and not something that is specifically oriented to the Docking Station or drivers, DisplayLink is advising customers to submit a bug report to Microsoft. You can do so via this link -> http://support.displaylink.com/forums… this is separate from the Nvidia control panel (which will not work properly with USB graphics due to a bug from Nvidia that they won’t fix).

The strange occurence in your scenario is that this behavior somehow occurs only on the HDMI based port? As in, when you connect the HDMI on the docking station, you are able to see the display inside of Nvidia Control Panel?

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks for the reply.
Strangely tonight I could suddenly access the Nvidia control panel and set the card as default for graphics programs, for no reason, not even a reboot.
Before I could only access the Nvidia graphics via the DVI port not the HDMI port.
Not sure how long this will last but I will follow your advice above.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for letting me know! I do agree, it is strange, but this should now allow you to always default to the Nvidia card in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com, if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support